Here’s some factoids about music and me.
- I’ve been playing and performing music since I was 7 years old.
- I played in my first band when I was 11 or 12ish.
- I’ve played both guitar and bass for a long time, but at age 16 I switched to bass as my primary instrument.
- I also play Chapman Stick, an unusual and not-so-common instrument with guitar and bass strings on it.
- I got a music degree. 25 of us started the program, 2 years later only 2 of us finished.
- I’ve played music all around the United States, Europe and a couple places in Asia.
- I’ve played on TV, big stages, bars, living rooms, churches and street corners.
- I’ve done a lot of studio work, both playing and producing.
- When I was in my late 30’s I got over my insecurities about singing lead vocals.
- When I play with a band I usually play bass and/or Stick. That’s what I love the most.
- I’m also very comfortable performing alone with just guitar and vocals.
- My current day job means that I go to various countries for several months at a time. I bring recording equipment and play live anytime I can. I also try to go back home a couple times a year.